Benefits & effectiveness of the electric toothbrush
- The electric toothbrush allows you to get the same results without having to brush harder, making it less likely to injure your gums or inner cheeks.
- If you have arthritis or a cognitive impairment, the electric toothbrush is much easier to handle. Giving your wrist and elbow joints less physical work to provide to brushing.
- Most electric toothbrushes have rotating heads that move in opposite directions, allowing more plaque and tartar to be removed.
- No matter what your dominant hand is, the electric toothbrush moves across the teeth the same way making it a more effective cleaning instrument.
- A smaller head size of an electric toothbrush also gives it an advantage over a manual toothbrush, making it easier to get in the hard to reach areas where food can hide.
- Tooth enamel becomes discolored when plaque builds up on the tooth, leading to decay. Using an electric toothbrush will keep your enamel healthier and help prevent tooth decay.
- Many patients claim once they have tried an electric toothbrush they would never go back to a manual brush for it does not give them the same results.
Modern day electric toothbrushes are very easy to use, if you dislike brushing your teeth an electric toothbrush is a great option, talk to your dentist to see which brush would fit your needs!
As always, Thank You for being part of our practice family!