Have you ever stopped to think about what is in some of your favorite beverages? Now is the time! I’d like to focus this blog on giving you some important information about how much sugar is added to some today’s most consumed drinks.
- That Red Bull that gives you a pep in your step: 7 TEASPOONS OF SUGAR
- A Nice Crisp Coca Cola: 10 TEASPOONS OF SUGAR
- Apple Juice Box: 6 TEASPOONS OF SUGAR
- Mountain Dew: 19 TEASPOONS OF SUGAR
- Chocolate Milk (8 oz): 12 TEASPOONS OF SUGAR
- Juice Pouch: 5 TEASPOONS OF SUGAR
Recommended daily limits of sugar:
Newborns/Infants: 0 tsp
Toddlers/Preschoolers: 4 tsp
Children Ages 4-8: 3 tsp
Pre-Teens/Teenagers: 5-8 tsp
Adult Women: 6 tsp
Adult Men: 9 tsp
It may be time for you and your family to adjust your beverages choices - These sugar beverages can double the risk of cavities in children. If you have any dental concerns please contact the office right away.
As Always we would like to thank you for Being Part of our Practice Family!